Saturday, November 25, 2023

The Beauty of Winter





Hello everyone,

I am finally back after a long break.
I hope you are still here with me!
I have lots of excuses for my long
break including no excess to my
photos on our desktop but we now
have a new monitor and I am good
to go.


A couple of weeks ago we had a surprise early snow so
of course I went out to enjoy the beauty with my camera.


I love when we get an early snow before the pond freezes over
as you get some reflection in the water.


We still had leaves on the trees and shrubs.


For early in November it was pretty good
cover but it was all gone a couple of days later.

We  have been busy getting outdoor chores done
and then I moved on to Christmas decorating so
now we can enjoy the long evenings with lots
of twinkling lights etc.

How about you are you getting ready for Christmas?

Take care,
Carolyn

15 comments:

Deanna said...

BEAUTIFUL pics! SO pretty. I will be keeping my decorating to mostly outside on the porch as we have relocated and the COTTAGE is crammed full of boxes at the present. Can't wait to see your Christmas decorating! All the best, ~d in Kansas on the prairie

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hello Carolyn,

Everything looks so beautiful! I’m glad that you still here! I love your beautiful blog! I went back to college, so I have very little free time for blogging.

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous Winter Wonderland with us!

Xo
~Wendy

dizzyizzy said...

These photos are gorgeous, truly a winter wonderland. I am so pleased that you are back. I have really missed you. We had a snowstorm as well,but not quite as magical as yours. Now that Thanksgiving has passed we are beginning to decorate for Christmas. It is always a magical time of year. Hope your Christmas is blessed and beautiful.

Debbie said...

I have missed you and glad to hear you are well. You have such a gift for creating beauty. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations.

hyacinthb said...

Your photos are just magical! Was delighted to see your post in my inbox. Looking forward to seeing your holiday photos.

Marmurz said...

Hello, Carolyn. I'm so glad to see you here, glad to know, that you're back. Thanks for these beautiful photos. They're absolutely amazing.

Bernideen said...

I think I hear the rumble of feet jumping up and down with joy. Your snowfall was so lovely and you captured it with loveliness!

Granny Marigold said...

Gorgeous pictures of your early snowfall. It's lovely to see that you're posting again.
Greetings from the west coast (B.C.)

Granny Marigold

Emanuela said...

Welcome back Carolyn!!! How many times I've looked for a post from you! Have a nice December and enjoy you wonderful snow! Kisses Emanuela

nannykim said...

Wow, that was a long break! Welcome back!!!

bibi78000 said...

Happy to see your new beautiful pictures.

Anua said...

This is sooo dreamy!

Latane Barton said...

Those are such beautiful pictures. I can almost feel the crisp, cold air and see the sunshine sparking on the snow. Have a good one! Latane

Marilyn Miller said...

Your snow would definitely put me in the mood for Christmas, so pretty!

All things vintage said...

Merry Christmas Carolyn!!! I am looking fot Your beautiful Christmas pics!