Thursday, February 18, 2016

Blue & White Transferware Lunch



                                                                                 Hello everyone,

                                                            As you probably know I love transferware
                                                           and although red and white is my biggest
                                                           collection, blue and white is a close second.

So for today's casual lunch it
is a blue and white theme.

As always,it is a mix and match
collection of yard sale or thrift
finds.

                                                                   This is called Rose Brocade
                                                                    by Skye McGhie.

And this pattern by the same maker
is Rhapsody.

Some sweet treats to go
with our tea.
                 
          Blue and white always
             looks so fresh and pretty.

                                                                           Another little teapot.




                                                     A vintage blue and white tablecloth,
                                                                and a pillow that I made from a scape
                                                                of fabric.
                                                                We can enjoy the view from here
                                                                while we enjoy our lunch and a chat.                  



                                   What is your favorite color transferware?

                                                        Today I am joining BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday.

                                          Thank you for your visit!

                                                    Carolyn

16 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love your red and white collection, but lately the blue and white is calling my name!

Such a lovely collection, collected the way I do through thrifting and antique stores!

podso said...

Yes blue and white is my all time favorite--and I love the way you've mixed your collections together for a very pretty table, complimented by the snow outside the window and the blue berry dessert!

sarah said...

I love blue and white tableware best of all. But I never find anything nice in secondhand stores, antique stores (where the prices are much higher than in regular retail)or garage sales. We simply don't have much of this kind of elegant loveliness here, more's the pity.

Deb said...

I love blue and white and your pieces are beautiful. That table looks so inviting. :)

Joy said...

I love blue and white, and the way the pieces go together even though they are different patterns. This is a lovely table, I'd like to come have lunch (or tea) with you!

Merlesworld said...

It all looks lovely hope you had a wonderful lunch.
Blue and white is my favourite.
Merle..................

GRØNN FRYD HOS MONIQUE - said...

Very beautiful colors and patterns, and a cute little detail with the butterfly on top of the teapot!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Simply Stunning!!
Hugs,
Deb

Gillyflower said...

Hi Carolyn! What a truly beautiful scene! I adore afternoon tea, and all beautiful china. I live in the UK (Cornwall) and I also collect blue and white china. I was born in Stafford - very close to where all the beautiful china was made. Some years ago I went up to visit, but I was so sad to see how most of the factories have closed down. I did visit Burgess & Leigh where the beautiful Burleigh Ware is made. I purchased rather a lot of their blue and white jugs - I collect all types of jugs. Although it is modern, the old transfer patterns are still used. I am about to downsize - so I really will have to pick out my favourites to keep - that's going to be difficult.
I have followed your blog for a long time - but this is the first time that I have commented - apologies for rambling on!
Best wishes Gilly R of Cornwall UK x

ScrapbookingButterfly said...

Dear Carolyn,
Beautiful china and fresh flowers make an every day meal an occasion...I so enjoy seeing your lovely collections and have the 'collector gene' myself! Must admit my favourite colour of transfer ware is pink and white as it is very feminine and pretty. Thanks for sharing beautiful things with us!

Linda said...

Hi Carolyn...Your blue transfer-ware is so lovely! I think my favorite for me is red...as I have quite a lot of it! But I enjoy looking at it all.

Your tables are always so beautiful...as you have such a variety of lovelies! :) I always feel like I am "playing house" when I decorate...it brings be joy!

Your blog is so delightful...and I always enjoy my visits here. Have a blessed day!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Madelief said...

What a lovely collection Carolyn!

Madelief x

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The blue is so soothing and beautiful, and photographs beautifully! Lovely styling.

Unknown said...

I do always love blue and table settings. Perfect color pattern and styling.

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

So pretty! The blue & white looks perfect for winter and yet you've made it feel spring-y at the same time. I love all your transferware and how you create lovely vignettes with it.

Sandra said...

It amazes me how each color of transferware creates such different looks; how fun to change them out throughout the year.