Friday, December 10, 2021

Old Quebec City




Hello everyone,

Last week my husband and I
drove up to Quebec City for
a little holiday. It is about a 
nine hour drive from our
home on P.E.I. and well
worth it!


We have been there a few
times at Christmas time
and also a few times in
autumn .


Old Quebec has a very European
feel to it and I love how well it
is decorated for all the seasons
        but I think my favorite is Christmas.


The Hotel Frontenac is
so beautiful !


I love that almost every shop
is decorated for Christmas.


There are always so many
Christmas trees outside the
shops.


So much charm!


I always have to get a
shot of this restaurant
when we go.


The Petite Champlain is a favorite
stroll. We got up early so we could
walk down the street before the
crowd.


This year we lucked into
some snow with gently
falling snowflakes...perfect!


                                                              

A charming little hotel near
where we stayed.

There is lots to see and do in
this charming old city so full
of history.

Thanks for coming along with
me and I hope you have a 
wonderful weekend!

Carolyn

9 comments:

Susan said...

This was an enjoyable tour - thank you!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Carolyn,
Thank you for bringing back fond memories of our visit and stay at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We both dined at America's oldest restaurant that you captured in snow: Aux Anciens Canadiens.
It is a dream for visiting and strolling through Old Québec.
Glad you enjoyed it and even had snow.
Hugs,
Mariette

Lisa D. said...

It certainly is very charming. I have never been to Quebec, but have heard of it's beauty. Thank you for sharing, Carolyn.

Hélène said...

Thank you for the tour Carolyn. It is very "Christmassy" with the snow and old buildings.
Have a nice weekend

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Carolyn,
Simply stunning Loved it Thanks so much for sharing it with us
Stay safe , healthy and happy
Hugs,
Debbie

Thilda said...

Oh, how lovely photos!! Old towns are the best! I would like to travel, when I look your photos... <3

momto1 said...

What a delightful tour. I was there many years ago. I enjoy all your posts, but this one makes me neeeeed to go to Quebec! Thank you!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Such a lovely tour with great photos

Marilyn Miller said...

Gorgeous!