Tuesday, January 28, 2020

My Red & White Transferware Teapot Collection






           Hello everyone,

                I hope you had a great weekend.

              This morning I took some time to
            take some photos of my red and
      white transferware teapots.
            The teapot above is an antique
teapot from Japan.



I found this one in an antique
shop in Maine.






This English ironstone teapot is
one I often use.


Nancy B this is for you
as you asked about the plate pattern.

I have several pieces of this set
called Florence by Skye McGhie.
         

           

A British Castles teapot for one.



 A Johnson Brothers teapot
with British Castles.
The large platter is Vista
by Mason.


A smaller Venetian teapot with
Vista teacups.


                                                       It is time for tea with
                                                       my Venetian teapot.I
                                                       am enjoying my white tulips.


                                            Well, now you have seen my red
                                                      and white transferware teapot
                                                      collection that I have picked up
                                                      here and there over the past
                                                      number of years. I have them
                                                      on display in my glass fronted
                                                      cupboards in our kitchen so I
                                                      can enjoy them even when not
                                                      in use.
                                                                 Do you have a teapot obsession
                                                       too?

                                                                       Thanks for visiting me!

                                                                                         Carolyn

                                                                       

11 comments:

Vee said...

No, but I am glad that you do! Very pretty collection...

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy New Year, Carolyn! Love your red and white teapots! Anyone who enters my home is well aware of a teapot obsession as I have a lot of them above my kitchen cupboards. Of course, they are in cabinets and other spots too. I have had a fascination with teapots for a very long time. Thanks for sharing yours.

Sandi from the Cape said...

Oh how beautiful and thank you for sharing! I love the plate the darling sheep cookie is on. I also collect red transfer ware but have only one teapot. Your collection is so cheery, I bet it's beautiful in your kitchen!

NancyB said...

Thanks so much for the info on the plate. I have been able to find a few pieces. You made my day! Blessings, Nancy B.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh, how totally lovely! I love them all! I have been eyeing some pieces of brown transferware which appeals to me too.

Sharon said...

Hi Carolyn,
Yes, I have an obsession too! Right now I have my red and white transferware out and enjoy it this time of year. Your pieces are lovely and I enjoy your blog very much. Spring I will use pinks and then summer is blues, fall brings purple transferware with green. Such a lot of work but the pleasure it brings me is beyond measure. I see that also in your decorating, your transferware collections and your gardens.

Linda Shukri said...

I love red and white dishes! Yours are lovely!

Bernideen said...

How lovely and makes such a happy display in winter. I know you will enjoy seeing them nearby!

Barbara - My Island Bistro Kitchen said...

I absolutely love teapots, especially vjntage ones. I use them in a lot of my food photography including the recent shots for my article on making perfect scones. I am currently on the hunt for a teapot that has a mauve/purple floral design to match the teacups and saucers I have with the violet design....of course, that will probably then lead to me being on the hunt for a matching tiered server.....and so on it goes!

Angie Berry ~ A Vintage Journey said...

So, so pretty lady! I keep thinking I want to collect transferware but I just love each color so I don't know how to narrow it down to one color, lol! But when I see beautiful collections such as yours, I say to myself it's time to quit thinking and just jump in! =]

Thanks for sharing your collection. Stay warm and cozy~

awoleben said...

I can just imagine a snowy afternoon, a cozy setting, perhaps a good book, a warm scone and hot tea from one of these charming teapots. I wish I had space to start a collection.