Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Garden Snippets



                                                                                Hello everyone,


                                                          It was a beautiful day today for working
                                                          out in the garden so I enjoyed several
                                                          hours of tidying things up a bit as some
                                                          plants needed to be cut back etc.
                                                          I love this time of year when the temperature
                                                          is warm but not too hot and the air is clear.....
                                                          much better for working in the garden.
                                                                     So, as I worked my way around
                                                                     I picked snippets here and there to
                                                                     enjoy in a small vase indoors.
                                                                         The English rose Golden
                                                                          Celebration with a few
                                                                          mountain ash berries in
                                                                          thrift shop bottles.

                                                                             


                                                                        A beautiful day lily, phlox and
                                                                        the Vanilla Strawberry hydrangea.
                                                                           White phlox from my father's garden
                                                                            many years ago.

                                                                             
                                                                                Golden Celebration

                     
                                            I hope you too are celebrating these
                                last golden days of summer!

                                        Take care,

                                                    Carolyn



6 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Your garden flowers are always so incredibly beautiful. I just can't believe what a crappy gardener I am. I do not like my garden at all. I can't lie, it's boring and not right, just not sure what to do.

Oh well, next year I won't have a broken foot and will do something better, this time around it just is what it is - and I live vicariously through your lovely florals. They are breathtaking in every way, and shows your hard work and knowledge!

Angela said...

Love your touches. Beautiful.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I thought that was a Graham Thomas rose at first, thanks for telling us what it is. Your Phlox are beautiful, i had them for many years but they died out.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Gorgeous colors! Beautiful vignette on your windowsill, Carolyn!

Maple said...

so gorgeous

Denise Bruce of Ingleside said...

Gorgeous! I took a cutting from a friend's orange rose this week. I so can't wait to see if I can root it. Have you ever tried? I'd love to try with your orangey yellow rose. it's precious. Love the strawberry hydrangea too. so delicate