Monday, June 28, 2021

Tea Among the Roses





Hello everyone,

   I hope you had a great weekend.
After working in the garden for
a few hours I decided it was time
for a tea break

The garden has so much in bloom
now that it is hard to decide where
to sit and enjoy a cup of tea.



I love how the Polaris rose is covered
with blooms right now so it is
a pretty place to enjoy our tea.


There is lots of fragrance as well as beauty
in the garden now as along with the roses
the peonies , the Ivory Silk Lilacs
are in bloom . I love their fragrance
and it seems to drift all around the
garden from the 3 big trees that we
have in the garden.

I decided to go pink today as the
roses are pink in the background.





The bouquets have three of my
favorite blooms......lilacs roses
and peonies.








A little peek at the garden. The Canadian Preston lilacs
are so pretty and bloom after the French Lilacs but are just
starting to pass when the Ivory Silk Lilacs bloom.You can
see the peonies blooming in the background.


I love taking a stroll through the Allee' Garden
especially when the lilacs are in bloom. This was
last week and all too soon the lilacs are starting
to pass.  

I hope you enjoyed tea in the garden
with me today.

I will share more of the garden soon.

Thanks for visiting

Carolyn

12 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Oh so lovely

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Carolyn,
What a romantic sight with those roses in full bloom.
And what a charming alley with all the lilacs...
Are you allowed to have visitors for your gardens?
Hugs,
Mariette

Carolyn said...

Hi Mariette
We no longer do our Japanese tours but I think we can now have up to 50 people in the garden wearing masks and social distancing. We have not had a new covid case here in almost 4 weeks and many have had at least one vaccine shot.
hank you for your visit!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

So sorry for you Carolyn for having had a tremendous dent in your usual visitors from abroad. The work has to be done and no reward in a way...
Let's hope times will change soon!
Hugs,
Mariette

Carolyn said...

Hi Mariette
Sorry for the confusion....we actually gave up doing the tours the year before covid so we could have more time to enjoy our little seaside cottage. We still enjoy gardening though but can do it on a more relaxed schedule......that being said we have put in a lot of hours each week this year.We feel blessed to be able to do still enjoy it.
Thank you for your concern though.
Take care
Carolyn

celkalee said...

Your gardens are beautiful, all year, and I cannot explain just how much your posts inspire me. The work, I am sure, is great but I just want to share that those of us out here in blogland, are grateful. Be well.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Carolyn,
Simply lovely!! A gorgeous teascape in a stunning setting!! Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs,
Deb

Lisa D. said...

Just beautiful. Can you please tell me the name of that bright coral rose, Carolyn?

Thilda said...

Your garden looks like fairy tail! <3

Carolyn said...

Hi Lisa
The rose by the picket fence is a John Cabot. The rose in the bouquet is a Lambert Close
but it is more pink then it looks here....it is a beautiful hardy rose and loaded with blooms this year.
Thanks for your visit!
Carolyn

Ian's Girl said...

Happy Canada Day!

Carogil Farm said...

I love your lilac alley and just showed my husband. I explained very reasonably why we need one too. I believe that he is ignoring me.