Thursday, November 5, 2020

An Autumn Tea





            Hello everyone,

          I hope your week is going well.

              I am sure many of us are spending
               more time watching the news these
               days as the U.S election is front and
            center everywhere.

            Anyway, I had a simple autumn tea
                  on the porch one warmer day last week
       and took a few photos to share.

               I love the birdhouse ....it has a
  rustic autumn look to it.
                                                              








I love the bright colored foliage
of the maple trees in the park near
us where we enjoyed our walks
all summer and fall. 




                                                     Well, this will probably be the last
                                                      autumn post for this year as I have
                                                      already got a good start on my
                                                      Christmas / winter decorating.
                                                      I am earlier then most years but
                                                      I just wanted to get it done so we
                                                      can enjoy the coziness of the of
                                                      all the lights etc. as it is dark by 5 p.m.
                                                       and it is also cooler now.

                                                                 Thanks for visiting,

                                                                           Carolyn

9 comments:

My Cozy Corner said...

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for sharing your beautiful island. I am also starting to do some Christmas decorating. Yes, this election mania is crazy. I am so happy to have a cozy home to enjoy during this year of 2020.
Fondly
Betty

Carolyn said...

Hi Betty,
Thank you for all your visits and nice comments.
Stay safe and enjoy your Christmas decorating.
Take care,
Carolyn

Bernideen said...

What beautiful trees for fall you have in the background. A lovely view to see! I am glad to see your posting with the pretty check tablecloth! Lovely photos as always.

Coby Breitner said...

Whow love the colors of autumn in this blog, but esspeccialy the mug. I have this table-ware to but not this mug. Love it!

Sandi from the Cape said...

Dear Carolyn,
I am so excited to see your Christmas decor! I think we're all excited to put this election behind us but the craziness won't stop soon, unfortunately. I have been thinking of early Christmas decoration and it's a nice distraction from the world right now! We're having a warm spell here in Massachusetts, but it won't last so I'm taking every advantage to prepare for winter. Cheers!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Such a beautiful island, I used start Christmas decorating around mid November but this year I d on't have any motivation

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Love your autumn tea table and the bright oranges... which I only seem to like this time of year! Those trees are just wonderful.. we have a park not too far from our house that has maples that get so vivid, but only for a short time. I didn't take pictures this year and the leaves are already brown and mostly gone. How nice to have a tea on the porch with warm enough weather. It has turned mostly cold here now too.... no snow yet though and I'm so glad! I'm not in the mood yet for Christmas decorating or even Christmas... has just been too weird of a year. xoxo Marilyn

Linadlou said...

Always such a pleasure to stop by for a visit. I love the bird house, and was tempted to buy one from a garden shop near home on Vancouver Island. At 30% off it was still $70.00. Too rich for me! I'm ready for Christmas decor too, let's have fun.
Regards, Linda


Fiordelisa said...

What a beautiful and unusual edition of The Secret Garden. And the exquisitely-detailed mug...I was going to give up thrifting, but you just convinced me to keep up the search. :-) Sweet blessings, kind soul.