Saturday, November 3, 2018

Autumn in Beautiful Quebec





                 Hello everyone,

                      I mentioned earlier that I had more photos that I wanted to
    share from our recent trip to Quebec .

                        The photo above is my husband walking down the sidewalk in 
             a little village on the Isle d' Orleans.


The colorful umbrellas where in Lower Quebec.
I love how they decorate so creatively for every
season. I would love to go back in the summer
next time as we haven't been there in summer
for several years.


      The windowboxes are always enchanting.

More window boxes on the shops.

                                                                  The Hotel Frontenac towers over
the city.






                                                       There are lots of old stone buildings many
                                                       with colorful shutters and roofs.
                                                      On the drive up to Quebec from P.E.I. the
                                                      fall foliage was so pretty and I love all
                                                      the old barns and silos......maybe because I grew
                                                      up on a farm.


                                                           There was lots of color everywhere you
                                                            looked.





                                                    The two photos above were also
                                                               taken on the Isle D' Orleans where
                                                               we spent a few nights.
                                                                    As beautiful as it was in October
                                                               I think it was even more beautiful in
                                                               December so if you would like to
                                                               check out our winter/Christmas trip
                                                               you can check it out here and here.

                                                                  I hope you have a lovely weekend!


                                                                                                     Carolyn

9 comments:

The Victorian Girl said...

Thank you for the beautiful tour! I would love to go there someday.

My Cozy Corner said...

Hi Carolyn,
You were my inspiration to travel to Quebec in 2011. I am planning a trip to your island in the future. Thank you for showing me the beauty of Canada once again.
Joyously,
Betty

Thelma said...

Beautiful photos. So colourful. It is very windy today. And we've had a lot of rain here in the Gaspe this Fall.

Linadlou said...

Hi Carolyn; I always love your posts, and today have a request. Some time ago, one of your tea parties showed cookies shaped like sheep. I loved them and have tried to find sheep cookie cutters ever since, no luck. Do you have any suggestions? Warm regards, Linda

Kit said...

What a lovely place! Thank you for sharing your photos. :) Kit

Valentina said...

This place is so beautiful! Thank you for this amazing trip!

Carolyn said...

Hi Linadlou,
The sheep cookie cutter was one that my friend bought at Winner's a few years ago. I have not seen any since. Winner's is like tjmaxx in the U.S. Maybe you would have more luck online.
Hope you are able to find one soon!
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn,
thank you for this beautiful post and the pictures.
I'm dreaming and I want to be there some time.
Greatings from Germany, Olga

Betty said...

How beautiful, Carolyn! Another region of beautiful Canada I would love to visit. Spring is my favourite season, but these Autumn scenes are stunning.
Thank you once again for sharing the beauty of your country with me.
Happy days.
Betty