Thursday, April 14, 2016

Aiken House & Gardens & Romantic Country!




              Hello everyone,

              I was really excited to pick up a copy of
              the newest Romantic Country magazine
            and see our little Boathouse featured as
                well as some of my summer garden shots.

                  So, come into the sun room and enjoy
                 a cup of tea while we enjoy the spring
                flowers and a peek through this lovely
      magazine.




                                                                              Spring tea

                                                                          I love this pretty porch on
                                                                          the cover styled by Fifi O' Neil.

                                                                         Now, for our Boathouse! I am
                                                                         so proud of my husband and son for
                                                                         building this little retreat with recycled
                                                                         materials etc. ~ it is the perfect place to
                                                                         relax and enjoy life's simple pleasures.

                                                                    Inside the Boathouse and iced tea
                                                                    on the porch.
                                                                        Can't wait until we can enjoy
                                                                        our meals in the garden again.


                                                                     Our garden bench nestled among
                                                                     the perennials.




                    Thank you Romantic Country
                            for featuring our Boathouse etc.!

                                                                  This week I plan to do some
                                                                             spring cleaning in the Boathouse
                                                                             to get it ready for the season and
                                                                             hopefully, relax with a cup of tea
                                                                             and watch the geese and ducks on
                                                                              the pond for a spell.

                                                                                                     Take care,

                                                                                                             Carolyn
                                                                     

24 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, Carolyn - how exciting!

Your home is just perfect for that wonderful publication!

Congrats to you and your hubs to be recognized for a job very well done.

My (tea) hat is off to you both!

Lynda Brandly said...

Congratulations, Carolyn! Beautiful pictures of your beautiful place!
love and blessings~
Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

Bernideen said...

Dear Carolyn:
I'm with Michele - job well done and can't wait to read it. I have a stack of magazines I haven't had time to open so I will go see if it is here. Congratulations!

Thelma said...

Congratulations Carolyn. The pics are very beautiful. I must pic up a copy of the magazine.

CAESAR SHOP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandi said...

I picked this magazine up a few weeks ago and when I hit the picture of your boat house - I gasped and said out loud, "That's Carolyn's"! What a surprise and lovely article. I am an avid reader of your wonderful blog and immediately knew it was your style. Thanks Carolyn for all the beautiful blogs and articles you do!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow how exciting! I saw that magazine at the store and thought something seemed familiar but didn't pick it up. I'll have to go back and get a copy of it. Fifi O'neil puts together such wonderful and inspiring images and with your boathouse and beautiful gardens she had wonderful things to work with. Congratulations on your magazine feature!

Susan said...

Oh my GOODNESS, Carolyn. How wonderful. You and all your family must be so proud! All looks awesome. Susan

Unknown said...

How exciting that must be for you to see your beautiful work publicized! Congratulations!

Carolyn said...

Hi Liz,
Sorry for the confusion the porch on the cover styled by Fifi O'Neil is not ours and the Boathouse styling and photos are my own.

Enjoy your weekend!
Carolyn

Pier21cdn said...

Congratulations Carolyn on your boathouse feature! I picked up a copy of the magazine the other day but have not opened it yet. I think we are all wishing the cold temps away so we can get into our gardens and get things cleaned up after a long winter. Patty/NS

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Congrats on the beautiful photos and story in the magazine. I MUST get a copy for me! That is one of my fave magazines....... and a perfect place for the boathouse pictures. I just love love love that sweet little boathouse and every time I see photos, I want to go inside and curl up with my tea and daydream. Your hubby and son did the most wonderful job on it.. and you have done the most wonderful job of decorating it!

Dianne said...

Such a beautiful feature - I must try to find a copy of the magazine and explore further. I sometimes send the link to your blog for my mother who lives across the country to enjoy - she's 94 and on her computer almost every day - she loves your photographs and text (as do I, of course!).

KayC. said...

Congratulation, your home is so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Where did you get that gorgeous quilt and shams on pg. 60 of the article? I just love everything in that bedroom! The colors are so soothing.

Unknown said...

Where did you get that gorgeous quilt and shams on pg. 60 of the article? I just love everything in that bedroom! The colors are so soothing.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Nice to see your photos in another magazine, they're very inspiring.

Barmac said...

Amazing and beautiful home and pictures.

Miss Jean said...

How wonderful for you. I will have to go get a copy.

Sonia said...

Simply gorgeous!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Congratulations once again for having your lovely home and boathouse featured in a magazine, Carolyn. Gorgeous images and I'm sure they will be enjoyed by many. Have a wonderful new week ahead.

Blessings,
Sandi

Rose Cantiero said...

It's wonderfull visit your blog.
Take care

Rosa said...

Love your setups! What brand is that tablecloth with the cabbage rose pattern? Looks excellent with pink spode!

Carolyn said...

Hi Rosa,
The tablecloth was a shower curtain from a thrift store with no brand name but I have seen similar fabric at Joanne's Fabric in the past.

Sharon, the quilt you asked about came from a local store Prestige Kitchens.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Carolyn