Monday, December 28, 2015

A Boxing Day Tea



                                                                             Hello again,

                                                            Well, Christmas Day has come and gone for
                                                           another year but hopefully we are still
                                                           enjoying the feelings of love and good
                                                           cheer along with maybe a little time to
                                                           relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday
                                                           season.

                                                     
                       


A little time by the fireside
with a cup of tea and some
leftover Christmas treats is
a nice Boxing Day treat.

                                                                A comfy chaise pulled up
                                                                by the fireside is a perfect spot
                                                                to relax.
                                                                   The transferware platter with sweet
                                                                    treats and the teacup are both Mason
                                                                    Vista made in England.



                                                 Christmas Day was sunny and unusually warm
                                                           for us here but last night it started to snow and
                                                           was Christmas card perfect with trees and lights
                                                           covered in a blanket of snow.

                                                           I hope you are enjoying a little
                                                           relaxation today.

                                                             Thank you to all who sent good
                                                             wishes to our family over the past
                                                             week.

                                                                        Blessings,
                                                                               Carolyn

21 comments:

Bernideen said...

Dear Carolyn:
This is so lovely and soft. I noticed the "tile"? on the mantle in the center face. How special and unique. This room is so inviting with a cozy fire and the bed laden with treats! Always love the transferware. Happy New Year to you Carolyn!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Dear Carolyn,

I am in love with these gorgeous photos. What an enchanting spot to relax and enjoy a bit of solitude. It is exactly what I need these days.

That comfy couch and fire place are calling my name. I just love your home. It is perfection.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I also wish you a happy and blessed new year.

Janet

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Pure gorgeous! Love the white with a touch of Christmas green and red transferware and toile. Makes me happy to look at it. The snow is so beautiful on your little cottage. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Wonderful Carolyn. I love your toile, transferware and wonderful treats!
Ruth

Pamela Gordon said...

It looks lovely and cozy there Carolyn, on this cold winter day. Enjoy the holidays.
Pam

Marie-José said...

Always enjoying your Photos Carolyn!
Wish you all the best for 2016!
Lots of joy and happiness xxx

Lovely greetings, MJ

Garden Fancy said...

What lovely photos of your relaxing post-Christmas scenes. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas together, and thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us! Best Wishes for the New Year! -Beth

Christina Paul said...

Perfectly lovely! What a delightful relaxing spot for tea and sweet treats
love your tea cup and tray :)
Wising you A Happy 2016!

Lee Caroline - A World of Inspiration said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas Carolyn. Your house and decor look beautiful and the photo of the snow is so idyllic a Christmas. I am in NZ and it is hot and sunny, it has never quite felt like Christmas here (originally from UK). Most people in NZ goes away to their beach homes or camping in summer so I am enjoying a very quiet city walking my little dog along our beach.

Lee

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, that tea time spot is just heavenly, Carolyn!

This has been the oddest December of my life - the lilacs are budding and the pansies still haven't died! WEIRD - wet, warm, thunder, lightening - very spring-like weather. Has us all a bit worried there won't be a healthy rest for our plants and trees here, which is necessary!

Linda said...

Hi Carolyn!
All is so cozy. Love your village atop the fireplace.
We have no snow but it's -25C with the windchill factor here this morning! Brrrr...
Thanks for visiting me and your sweet comment. XO
Wishing you a happy day filled with blessings,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

One Shabby Old House said...

It's just so beautiful there. I really miss snow at Christmas time. We can make it sparkle and shine around here with the decorations but it never feels quite right without the snow. Thank you for sharing all that I missed. It's perfect now for me!
Hugs
Becky

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Carolyn: I have followed you for so long. I just want to say your home gets more beautiful each year. Have a wonderful New Year's. Blessings, Martha

Esther said...

Hello Mrs. Carolyn,

All the way from the Netherlands I would like to thank you for your inspiring blog! I just love love love the way you decorate your house and I just am in awe of your beautiful garden!
I think I read somewhere that your mother was Dutch? It makes me wonder if you also speak Dutch?
I would like to wish you a blessed new year and I am already looking forward to more of your inspiring blogposts! Keep up the good work ;-)!

Thanks so much,

Esther

Madelief said...

Dear Carolyn,

I was happy to read that you had a white Christmas on the island. The boathouse looks magical on your photo's! Beautiful photo's of your home too. The leftover Christmas treats look delicious. I would not mind tasting one!

Wishing you, your husband and family a Happy New Year's eve!

Madelief x

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Aaahh... would just love to curl up on that fireside chaise and sip that cup of tea! Your photos are breathtaking! Happy New Year!

Carolyn said...

Hi Esther,
Thank you so much for your visit and sweet comment. Yes, my mother was Dutch and married a Canadian soldier ..... alas Dutch was rarely spoken in our home so I never learned the language.

Happy New Year to each of you!
Carolyn

A Romantic Porch said...

Carolyn, everything you do is so beautiful and elegant. I hope your Christmas was merry and your new year will be filled with delight. Thank you for your kind words. You are a true inspiration to me.

Femina said...

Have a blessed New Year.

Esther said...

Thanks for your reply Mrs. Carolyn! I appreciate it! Wonderful to hear that your father was a Canadian Soldier. As a country we owe much to Canadian Soldiers as they invested so much to set our country free during WW 2. It makes me so grateful! My grandparents hosted two Canadian Soldiers (my mom was a little girl by that time and she considered them as two big brothers) so I will hold a special place in my heart for Canada and their veterans!

Have a wonderful day and stay blessed!

Esther