Friday, October 12, 2012

Quiet Moments



                                                             Good Morning!

                                  Autumn has definitely set in here and although we haven't had frost yet it is coming soon.Tomorrow we have a morning tour and an afternoon tour and a daytime high of only 6 Celsius. Fortunately, it is a house tour too so we can warm up by the fireside when we come in. My niece is also getting married on Saturday-I think I am overbooked!
 I found this cute little toile clock and teacup at the thrift store lately-$1 each.

                                                    Autumn  bouquets
                                                    A hot cup of tea on an autumn day is soothing to the body and soul.
                               My husbands garndparent's picture in the background.



                     A simple tablescape for our family Thanksgiving dinner.


    With our big family it requires two tables and a small children's table in the middle.

Some beautiful Autumn color from our garden.

  We have our last tour of the garden season on Tuesday and then fall cleanup will begin.No sooner will we have the garden ready for winter when I will tour my focus to Christmas. I see there are already some lovely Christmas magazines out there and I am really looking forward to getting my copy of Franciska's new Christmas book that some oft my pictures are featured in.

I hope you are enjoying some quiet moments in these beautiful Autumn days!

Take care,
Carolyn

19 comments:

Katy Noelle said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm not ready to think about Christmas, yet!!!! =P Oh, boy! I thought I was all ready to move on in August when it was just a dream and I was finding all sorts of inspiration on Pinterest but, now, I need just a wee bit of summer, please.

I have one more bit of garden to get in and bulbs to plant. But, Carolyn, I don't know about you but, we haven't had a frost, yet. Also, we skipped Indian Summer. It's been hovering around 50F(10C) for a month, now. Tonight is supposed to be our first real frost - the garden is going to dress up as a ghost, tonight! heehee! ;) =D

One day, a few weeks ago, you left a comment saying that you were going out to dig one more border (always room for one more! =]) and I chuckled about it for three days straight! =D

Anyway, I thought of my Canadian friends and hope that you had a really lovely time with your family!

xxoo

That clock and teacup are adorable! =]

Szara Sowa said...

Hallo Carolyn! We have frost this morning. It was -2 Celsius, but next day was beautifull. Greeting from Poland.

Loraine Living said...

Lovely Carolyn, nice autumn colors and collage...
Have a nice weekend, greetings Diana

Anonymous said...

Wow, the clock and the teacup and saucer for only $1 each, what a fantastic deal!

I love that colorful teacup of tea.

Your home looks like a happy place to gather for Thanksgiving. How blessed your family is. I can just imagine seeing everyone visiting in these pleasant rooms and eating at this charming table.

:) Hope

Rose Garden Malevik said...

Hello Carolyn
I say WOOW as usual.......your photos are just wonderful....just love the cup :)
You are still Number ONE :)
and do not miss...

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

oldthings said...

Nice photos as always ! I admire your blog ! So beauty !
Olympia

Susan said...

Loved the photos today, Carolyn. Well, of course I love them every day but especially during fall. Sooooo pretty. Take care and have a terrific weekend. Susan

Bernideen said...

It's "TIME" to say - BEAUTIFUL!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your Fall garden looks lovely, Carolyn! You do have a busy Saturday ahead of you. I hope you will take Sunday for some rest. : ) Love that little clock you found. It fits in on your table perfectly.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Carolyn, you sound like you have a really busy weekend ahead! I would love some quiet moments myself as things have been topsy-turvy around here lately.
Love your chintz teacup. Your little clock is very cute and for a dollar, I don't blame you for picking it up. Have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Merlesworld said...

You are busy but you will have a bit of time before christmas, the little clock is lovely and such a bargain.
Merle....

Pamela Gordon said...

It's going to be a cold and frosty night here tonight Carolyn and only 6 tomorrow too. I see Monday it will be 18! I can handle that. I hope your busy Saturday goes well. Your photos are beautiful as always. Blessings for a lovely weekend. Pam

Stephanie said...

As always, your photos are beautiful! Your clock is very lovely as is the teacup and saucer - what a great find! Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Stephanie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Such a pretty setting. I am really drawn to those pretty cane backed chairs!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW, you really DO have a busy weekend! Hope it all goes well for everyone!

We have had frost the last 4 mornings so it is officially here now.

We do a huge Thanksgiving, too, such tradition!

Sanna - My Blueberry House said...

Yes the temperature is shifting fast now, we had a couple of frosty mornings this week. Hard to believe when I look at your warm and lovely autumn photos.

I wish all the best with your busy schedule this weekend and a lovely happy wedding celebration!

-Sanna-

podso said...

We don't do too much about Christmas until after our Thanksgiving, which is so close to Christmas! I love the simplicity of your Thanksgiving table. Sometimes simplicity is so quietly elegant. The clock is quite a find! You have a busy weekend. Have fun!

Linda said...

A feast for the eyes! Lovely pictures!!!!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

WendyBee said...

Hello Carolyn, I so admire you that you can put together a Thanksgiving dinner for family in such a beautiful setting. And I am so grateful that you share the pictures with us.
The tables were so lovely. Your family must feel tremendously loved when you extend such gracious hospitality!
Wendy