Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Special Garden Visitors



 Hello everyone,
         I hope you are enjoying your summer-still can't believe it is already here. We did get some badly needed rain but now the sun is shining again. My computer was being upgraded the last few days so I was missing in action. I am happy to have it back with a lot more space for my pictures and hopefully it will be a little faster as well.
       
 The peonies are blooming away and I haven't even shown them to you yet! I hope to have time to take some photos today to share.

 I love the combo of the peonies,lady's mantle and magnificum geranium so they have been interspursed around the garden.

 The hardey roses are blooming thoughout the garden.
 Now,for some very special garden visitors- I am very honoured to have had Lauriane and her husband come to visit our home and garden all the way from Brazil.  Some of you may remember that Lauriane sent me some beautiful handmade gifts awhile ago-click here if you would like to see.Anyway,a few weeks ago Lauriane wrote to me that they would like to visit our garden in June and I was amazed and thrilled that someone would travel so far to visit because we had connected through blogging! It was a beautiful sunny day and we enjoyed our time together.
 Lauriane came bearing gifts again-you can image how delighted I was to see this beautiful painting that Lauriane did from a blog photo . I love how she captured every little detail right down to the bracket under the birdhouse that Andrew built.

 Lauriane also made these sweet little hearts for me-she knows my taste so well!
 Thank you so much Lauriane- I will cherish your visit and of course the gifts too forever! We did very well comunicating in spite of a language barrier. You can visit Laurieane at her beautiful blog Atelier Cantihnho  das Artes.
 Before Lauriane's visit we had  five tours in three days and it rained on one of the days so umbrella's came in very handy.
 My husband shot these from an upstairs bedroom.
 And last but not least we had this little pink fairy(Lila) land in our garden one evening!

A small bouquet of peonies-love their fragrance!


Thank you for joining me today 'I have a couple of tours from Japan coming up the end of the week but next week is free so my camera will be put to good use.

Enjoy your day.

Carolyn

30 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

Your garden reminds me of Monets garden, in that he designed it to look lovely from his bedroom window. Some day, I would love to walk in your garden too.

Linda said...

Oh Carolyn you have such beautiful, stunning gardens.
It's no wonder you have so many tours and special guests from out of province.
Thanks for sharing. Don't forget to enter my giveaway.

Magda said...

So beautiful !!! So many tours? Nice. Welcome to my blog: http://ogrodymarkiewicz.blogspot.com I start building the theme gardens there.

Pamela Gordon said...

How wonderful to have visitors from Brazil and to know that Lauriane is a blogger as well. The painting she did for you is beautiful. What a special keepsake! It rained hard all day Sunday, Tuesday and off and on so far today. The weekend looks fair with a chance of thunder showers each day. We really need to dry out here now! Blessings, Pamela

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a dear sweet talented lady she is - that is one awesome perfect and gorgeous gift she brought.

Blogging is truly amazing, isn't it?

How thoughtful of her and what a special treasure.

La Table De Nana said...

What a sweet sweet friend.I can tell she has a heart of gold.And how talented!
Your wee fairy is so very special:)

I love the umbrella photo also..Lovely lovely gardens~
You girls look great.

Bambi said...

How special for you! and the painting is just wonderful! I understand why Lauriane was enticed to visit you though. It's so nice to be able to sit here at the computer and share your delightful photos and enfolding stories!

Sharon Kirk Clifton said...

How nice that you caught a garden faerie in mid-sniff!

I do believe the rainy-day tourists had an artistic bent, for the pastels of their myriad umbrellas blend delightfully with the other garden offerings.
Write on!
Because of Christ,
Sharon Kirk Clifton

Sabelhagens Olivlund said...

Wonderful garden you have!
Love Maria in Gothenburg

Anne said...

Carolyn your garden is so dreamy and beautiful. I like the pic with all of the umbrella's open.

Rosemary said...

Love your little pink fairy - what a sweetie.
Very lovely gift made for you by your blogging friend. I find Bloggers are great people.

Madelief said...

Dear Carolyn,

Such a special visit! It's so much fun meeting up with blog friends in real life :-)! Your friend brought you a beautiful present.

Lila looks enchanting. Like a flower fairy!

Have a lovely day!

Madelief x

Shabby soul said...

Darling Carolyn!I have to study your gorgeous garden and take inspirations to create mine!! But the weather... It's so hot here!!
Have a nice day
Silvia

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Carolyn, how nice to have met your blogger friend! She gave you a lovely painting and what a nice keepsake. Little Lila is really getting big, isn't she? It's a pity they grow up so fast!

Blessings,
Sandi

Marie Arden said...

Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. Your garden is so amazing and full of love. The peonies are always my favorite and I get to enjoy them twice since yours are still in bloom! Merci

Flori said...

Oh Carolyn your garden is sooooo amazing and I love this post....a nice story and greatful pictures!!!Thaaaaaanks so mutch!!!!
Sincerely Flori

ARTESANATO EM GERAL said...

Carolyn,

Seu jardim e sua casa é um verdadeiro sonho. Obrigada mais uma vez, pelo carinho em nos receber.

Estamos adorando a Ilha, uma temporada inesquecível. Uma boa semana.

Lauriane e Cleumacir - Brasil

Kathy said...

Carolyn, I enjoy your blog so much. Your gardens are incredibly beautiful! As a gardener, I often wonder...do you continually amend the soil in your flower beds? Do you add mulch? Do you have an irrigation system to keep all these beds watered? How much time do you spend on your gardens each day? You're an inspiration, for sure, and I am so curious about the maintenance of these gorgeous grounds. Kathy from Michigan ♥

June said...

I am always in awe of your gardens Carolyn. I remember finding your blog a few years ago before i had even thought of having one, and I would click the photos bigger and just study every beautiful detail. It is the most beautiful garden I will ever see...I'm sure of that. I don't think anyone's could compare.
I have a question...the rose growing up the side of the house (or cottage) in the photo of Lauraine and her husband...do you have the name for it? It looks a lot like Therese Bugnet, but I have never seen one that tall. It is gorgeous!
You have been so busy and I am so happy that you would take the time to show us your amazing property.
hugs from here...

kay Moser said...

Perhaps blogging is the straightest path to world peace!? At the very least, it brings joy to many. Thank you for all the inspiring photos and for connecting me to other wonderful blogs.

Kay Moser
www.kaymoser.com

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Carolyn your garden is as glorious as ever! What a sweet thoughtful gift you have received from your blogging friend. I am sure Laurieane & her husband were in heaven wandering through your property. Enjoy your week!

Wanda

Debbie said...

How wonderful to meet a blogger from so far away.
Your gardens are so lovely, even on a rainy day.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Carolyn
That is special to have a fellow blogger all the way from Brazil to visit. Her painted gift shows great talent and is a nice keepsake of your time spent together.
Your gardens are looking at their peak for the tours.
Judith

Susan said...

Oh my, Carolyn. That painting your friend from Brazil did is absolutely stunning. I couldn't find the hearts, though. Did you show them after all? The garden looks like a wonderland. Susan

Diana (Apple Pie) said...

Your garden is wonderful!

:)

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Carolyn,
What a buzy time you have had.
How lovely your blogfriend from Brazil came to visit your gorgeous gardens. The painting she did for you is beautiful.
I love wandering 'round your gardens.
Have a good week
Barb from Australia

Rose Cantiero said...

Quem sabe um dia possa ter o prazer de te visitar também.
Amo ver suas flores e sua maneira delicada de arrumar sua casa e seu jardim.
Bj
Rose
http://amigasqueengordam.blogspot.com.br/

PinkPeony said...

Carolyn, your gardens are stunning.

Unknown said...

Hello Carolyn,
Do you remember me? I am a one of Japanese women visited your home last week. I like your aqua dress, pink lemonade, delicious handmade cookies, fancy decorated rooms, sun room with lilac smell, and lovely gardens with lots of peonies this season.
Thank you inviting us!

Carolyn said...

Hi 浜岡理恵,
I am so happy you were able to visit again via my blog.
I enjoyed having you and maybe will see you agin someday.

Take care,
Carolyn