Friday, September 23, 2022

Happy Fall





Happy Fall !

Well, it is time for me to give up
on summer and move into a fall
mode.....always a little hard for
me to do but there are many
things to enjoy about fall here
as well.



I picked this bouquet from our
cottage garden a couple of
days ago.


Tea time



A little fall vignette

                                                     

                                                




It is the calm before the storm
here on Prince Edward Island.

We have been preparing for the
last couple of days for Hurricane
Fiona to hit our part of the world.
 It will be downgraded to a tropical
storm before it hits us but still
expected to have a powerful punch.

I am hoping and praying that it will
not be as bad as predicted. The weather
is so extreme lately that one never
knows what to expect even here on
our peaceful little Island.

We are hunkered in and a pot
  of soup is simmering on the stove
and a couple of batches of 
scones are going in the oven
 shortly.....so we won't go hungry
anyway.

Thank you for your visit!

Carolyn

12 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I like the change in seasons we are in spring not that it feels like it the last couple of days

Sandi from the Cape said...

Best to you and you're lovely homes and those of your families on the Island. I know you haven't had a storm like this for a good while. Here on Cape Cod we haven't either, but the repercussions from any strong storm are unsettling. Stay safe and we're thinking of you! Let us know you're all okay!

Vee said...

Joining you in that prayer. The winds have been fierce way over in my corner of Maine today.

Kamila said...

Pięknie zmieniają się pory roku na Waszej wyspie, bardzo lubie zaglądać do Ciebie.
Miłego weekendu! Pozdrawiam z PL

Marilyn Miller said...

When I heard to hurricane was coming your way I wondered how you would do. Hoping you survived well and didn't loose power and had a lovely bowl of soup with a scone.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sending prayers all will be well. Be safe! I love your beautiful photos and all you share here. I hope to visit your gorgeous island one day. 😊 Blessings. xo

Betty said...

Hello Caroline,
Are you and your family okay? I have been thinking of you since the big storm came your way a few days ago. Hope you are safe and that your home and garden are not too badly affected.
Kind regards, Betty.

Betty said...

Apologies for misspelling of your name Carolyn.

Susan said...

Hello Carolyn. It seems that every season on PEI is quite beautiful. Same here in western Massachusetts. Each season has its attractions. Your photos are always lovely. Hope the storm didn't hit too badly.

Unknown said...

I have followed by email for over 5 years. All if a sudden the emails stopped. How do I I get the blog sent to me at pybolt@sympatico.ca
Pat

Bernideen said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful day ahead if a pot of soup is on the stove and scones going in the oven! Lovely photos and may God always keep you all safe!

Barbara said...

Hi Carolyn, I've been thinking of you with the Hurricane that hit the Maritimes. How did you make out? I hope any damage was minimal to your beautiful property.

Barb in Ontario