Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Afternoon Tea



                                                                  Hello everyone,

                                We are bracing here for a big snow storm with lots of snow
                               and very high winds.....we are being warned of power outages,
                               whiteouts etc. and now there is talk of another storm on the
                              weekend! Phew! is this winter ever going to end???
                                  We are headed south next week for a couple of weeks so
                               I hope when we get back home spring will have sprung!
                                  Let's have a little tea party to take our mind of it and
                               enjoy a little escape!
                                  The photo above was the runner-up for my new
                                  Afternoon Tea book which I am happy to say is
                                 now being published but more on that later.
                                                                                                                   
               
So don your prettiest dress.

Grab your handbag and gloves and come on over!
                                                      Pick out your favorite tea cup.
                                                          Enjoy a yummy cupcake.

                                                  Admire the pretty bouquets of flowers.  

                                                     Have a few more nibbles.

                                      And I will pour you some tea.

                                     It may be wintery here still but I have gone full steam
                                     ahead into spring cleaning.......always a good project
                                     to get done.
                                       I am joining Tea with Friends at Bernideen's Tea Time blog
                                       and Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage.

                                     Snuggle in nice and cozy and enjoy your day!


                                                                Stay warm and safe.

                                                                                   Carolyn

29 comments:

ARTESANATO EM GERAL said...

Olá Carolyn,

é difícil escolher uma xícara, são todas lindas, mas como é bom um chá e aproveitar de guloseimas, além de admirar as flores. Um ótimo convite.

Estou torcendo para a primavera chegar na ilha para desfrutar de seu maravilhoso jardim.

Fique com Deus.

Lauriane

Bernideen said...

How exciting to have a new book coming and I know everyone will want one - I sure will! I have the other two. Lovely photos and your dress is so beautiful!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Lovely Carolyn, as always. Love your photos! Would love you to link to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Carla from The River said...

Beautiful. I love the colors today.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn! How beautiful and I do wish I could come over for a cup of tea at your lovely home! Hope you're doing well.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Absolutely breathtaking!

I am counting the moments till you release your tea book info, Carolyn.

EVERYONE should have your book/s!!!

It will make the nicest Mother's Day gift (for me, heh heh.)

Pink Piccadilly Pastries said...

I can't wait to get a copy of your Afternoon Tea book Carolyn!! How exciting! I wish I could send you some of the Springtime weather we've had in Georgia! xo! Jina

Kasia Piekarz said...

Carolyn, piękne koronki... Wspaniale wyglądasz i idealnie pasujesz do romantycznej zastawy stołowej:)))
Dzięki za herbatkę..
Życzę szybkiego powrotu wiosny:)

Alicia said...

ME GUSTA TODO !!
QUE ELEGANTE Y FINO..
PRECIOSO.
SALUDITOS

Linda said...

Hi Carolyn,
We have a similar forecast, and after having 20 cm of snow on Monday already! It really does seem endless. The high winds for tomorrow with heavy snow are scariest. Lots of cancellations here.
Your dress is lovely! Take care!
Hugs,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Unknown said...

Hello Caroly,
Oh you dear, allways this weather!!!
In Europe, especially here in Germany,
we are joining the spring.
Most of the time it is warm and the sun shines bright.
Hope for better days,
greetings, Olga

Ruthie Miller said...

Another beautiful tea and things and I am looking forward to your new book.
Keep warm, Ruthie from Florida

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Carolyn, your tea time setting and photographs are just exquisite! I'm loving the beauty of it all, thank you for sharing!
Have a great day~
Nancy

Snap said...

Carolyn,
Exciting news about your book. Your images are gorgeous. Love the tea tray and the cute book "vase". Happy Tea Tray!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a beautiful post, Carolyn! I have enjoyed every photograph. Looking forward to your new book too! Stay snug and enjoy your tea. I hope we won't have any trouble heating up the kettle.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring post! The photos are lovely and the all Tea Party seems so elegant, it all kind of fits right into my Prince Edward Island dream. We are building a new house here in France (but a traditional Scandinavian/North American wooden house) and I will definitely inspire from your garden and house photos and it gives me an idea to also start Tea Parties and have an elegant and lovely time with my friends.

parTea lady said...

Your photos are gorgeous. I look forward to your afternoon tea book.

Janet said...

Thank You Carolyn for Brightening my day once again ..gorgeous post ...but I am thinking you are addicted to Butter pecan wedding cookies just like I am ..ha! ha!..
You have inspired me and I am going to have a Downton Abbey Afternoon Tea for my Friends in May ..i have a gorgeous Downton Abbey (Lots of Lace) dress that I wore to my Daughter's wedding last year it would be a wonderful afternoon..
I still continue to collect teacups from the thrift store..
All your influence ..Thanks ...
Have a wonderful day ..Kindest Regards Janet of Maisonvogue

WendyBee said...

Oh, you're Right, you're RiGhT! I should be starting my Spring cleaning....ack! I wish I had your discipline.
I love the teacup in the top picture. That rounded shape is from early 20th century, maybe? And the roses to the right -- heaven! are they a particular kind?
I hope you are staying warm and have electricity. The winds are howling here, but on Maine's southern coast, we are southwest of the big snow, and just getting the wind.
Wishing you the best!
Looking forward to your book.

Jo said...

We escaped this storm at the NJ shore, just a dusting but severe winds....Have a wonderful trip...Where are you going?....and a very safe home...

Jo said...

ps...
Your photos and your home just make me D R E A M

Carolyn said...

Hi Wendy Bee,
The teacup is a Baverian tea cup...not sure how old but very dainty.
The roses are a mix of English and shrub roses. The two in the first vase are Eden roses.
Thank you all for your lovely comments.
We are being hit with the worst snowstorm in years here right now.
Many people all around us are without power,including our daughter and there are white-outs all over the Island.
We are prepared to lose our power
so we will just honker in for the duration if we do.I have my tea thermos filled and my scones baked...so no worries!
Stay safe and tomorrow ~ the sun will shine!!!
Carolyn

shirley flavell said...

A beautiful setting Carolyn.Very best of wishes for your new book. I know it will be a huge success.I hope you have a great holiday coming up. Shirley N.Z.

Terri said...

Hello Carolyn, your tea time today is totally elegant and romantic. Congratulations on your tea book. That is just wonderful!
Hugs,
Terri

Janneke said...

Your tea time setting is so lovely again and that with a weatherforecast of snow, brrr. So interesting to see the differences in the world, we had an extremely mild winter and until now a beautiful spring but the sunny weather will certainly arrive at your end too. Looking forward to you new book!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a lovely, romantic tea setting! Yes, I'd love to join you for a cupcake and a cup of tea in any of those pretty teacups. I look forward to the release of your book.

Unknown said...

So lovely! Hope you are staying safe and warm! xo Jen

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Please stay safe and warm!

The Charm of Home said...

Carolyn, Stay warm in that snow. Spring will be here soon. It may finally be like spring here this week in Southern IL. I love your tea dress!! That is gorgeous!
Sherry