Friday, August 30, 2013

A Perfect Summer day in Victoria by the Sea



                                                   Hello everyone,
                Well another week has slipped away but I did enjoy some of my favorite summer places on the Island this week. As some of you may remember one of them is the charming
little village  - Victoria by the Sea. So come along and enjoy the sights!
                            The lighthouse is open for visitors and has had many photos taken of it.
                       Love watching sailboats and kayaks out on the water as we sit and enjoy
                        breakfast or lunch.



                 
                          A little garden guest house.
                                          I love this summer house.


                 
                                                         colorful!

                                        Beautiful hanging baskets!
                                  Pretty chair outside a lovely little shop-Emment & Ellie's.

                                 Love the patina on this picket fence.
                   Such a charming entrance to another lovely art shop.
                                                   Charming vignettes



I hope you enjoyed our little tour-there is still lots to see but you know I will be back before summer is over.
I hope you have a great weekend!
             Carolyn

16 comments:

Deb said...

Your photos are wonderful, Carolyn. Love the daisy-lined picket fence. Deb

Pamela Gordon said...

I know this is a very pretty little town from you sharing your previous visits with us. I love the colour and all the flowers. Does everyone there have a green thumb like you? :) Beautiful! I hope you have a nice holiday weekend.

Betty said...

I love the pictures. So beautiful. I have to put this on the list of places for us to visit when Hubby retires.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my goodness, your photos are exquisite.

Unknown said...

A lovely place to go!
The colored deckchairs are
beautiful.
Have a nice day
Olga
from
*hansundgrete*

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures. Love the little house.

Linda said...

Just as I remember, Carolyn. Sigh. You've captured it all so beautifully with your camera lense. Love that little village and your entire island! I can't wait to get back to that antiques shop! How cute are those 'pineapple flower boxes'! Happy weekend to you and Andrew.
Hugs,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Lovely photos, Carolyn. Hubby & I went there a few weeks ago hoping to visit the tea room but there is a pizza place there now instead. We had a nice dinner at the Beachcombers though. We will have to go back to try that pizza! Enjoy the long weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Susan said...

Oh my GOODNESS, Carolyn. What inspiring images!

I loved the deep blue with all the colored chairs, especially.

What a picturesque locale you are in! Lovely. Thanks for sharing. Susan

Bernideen said...

All beautiful photos of your lovely island!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very very much for taking these pictures and sharing this incredible peaceful beauty with us. I want to move there! This is the second week of 100 plus temps for us here in the south and I'm ready to give up on pot plants. You really are living in "Heaven"!

WendyBee said...

When, oh, when will I get to visit your lovely island? You are so close and yet so far away, when one has limited time and recreation funds, and parenting and pet-owner responsibilities. Sometime in the next few years, for sure!
Your pictures are always so transporting. The colors so vibrant, and the lighting just so. What an eye you have and a talent for making your camera get the beauty in the image. I continue to be sooooo grateful that you share with us, without charging us an admission fee!

Madelief said...

Beautiful summery photo's Carolyn! Such a beautiful little town Victoria by the sea is.

Happy Sunday!

Madelief x

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,

Your photos are just amazing! I feel like I am there walking right along and enjoying all the sights! Ana

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh how beautiful! Love the photos and that little bright blue cottage! Cute!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I've always loved the way the homes are brightly painted out east and wish we'd see more of this type of decor in Ontario.
An interesting and lovely place to spend a day.