Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fanningbank

This is the Lieutenant Governor's home in Charlottetown Prince Edward Island.
The view of the harbour from the house.
Last night and Monday night there was music in the garden and the public was invited to attend.
The garden is beautiful and I think at it's peak now.
I love the design of the garden-it really suits the house.
The borders along the hedge are all perennials but the inside beds have mostly annuals.

As you can see the garden is very colorful.
They have a head gardener who has been there for over 20 years and he has 3 people on average working for him.

So beautiful!
There is also a beautiful rose garden.It would peak in July but there is still lots of blooms now.


I love this Julia Child's rose.

It was a lovely evening last night and there was over 100 people there enjoying the music in the garden. the garden is open to the public and there are also guided house tours during the day weekdays in summer.
Today I am joining Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday and I hope you can join in too. Thank you Susan for hosting.

Thanks for visiting and have a good day!

Carolyn

19 comments:

Joyce said...

Music and flowers certainly go hand in hand and it looks like it was going to be a beautiful evening for all. Thanks for sharing this post and all your wonderful posts with me.
Joyce

Bonnie said...

That would be one place I would love to visit! Thanks for the garden tour.

Unknown said...

Oh, I can just imagine, music and a lovely garden...be still my heart!

Regina said...

What a gorgeous place. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful shots.

Queen B. said...

W O W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing photos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Beautiful gardens! How relaxing to see the flowers and listen to music too!
~Patti

Becca's Dirt said...

What a beautiful place. It would be hard to stroll and not take a cutting - I wouldn't but I said it would be hard.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a gorgeous spot. The photos you've taken of the roses are impressive as well. What a perfect spot for music. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Love Bears All Things said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have gardens like that and full time gardeners to care for it for you.
Mama Bear

Joanne said...

What a lovely garden and post. I have been away for a fortnight and missed all these lovely posts far too many to catch up on.

Bernideen said...

Was this house in the movie?

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thanks for taking us on the tour, Carolyn. The grounds are lovely!

podso said...

The pink rose, my favorite. Such beauty. A wonder to behold for sure.

JEWEL said...

I adore the song The Prayer! I am looking forward to seeing the Irish Descendants from very near your place in the world Carolyn. They are coming to Milwaukee Irish Fest this weekend. Have you heard of them? sleeplessinwisc@gmail.com

Eileen said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing this!
Great post!
All the best,
Eileen

June said...

A beautiful estate. I would love to tour in person, but am just grateful that you can take me along with you.
Smiles,
June

Anonymous said...

Carolyn thank you for sharing this pretty and grand garden with us! If I had a head gardener maybe my home would look like this too! Wouldn't that be fun having someone to do all those weeding and nasty chores and leave all the fun work to us!

blessings
mary

Rhondi said...

Hi Carolyn
The lieutenant governor's garden is almost as beautiful as yours!
Hugs, Rhondi

sweetbay said...

Grand house and what beautiful gardens. They are just amazing. Thank you for sharing your pictures.