Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blossoms and Blooms!

A longer view of the bed by the driveway

I think these tulips are so showy!

These parrot tulips are showy as well.

This is a golden elder.

Our Magnolia is starting to bloom.

Aren't these pretty?

I like the fringe tulips also.

I think these are Shirley and the dark ones are Queen of the Night.

Virginia bluebells are so pretty I would like them to spread around the garden,

I decided to add some punch to the garden-so I spray painted this blue.

This is a pear tree in blossom.

The lilacs are almost blooming!

I know I said I would show the cottage today but it is not quite ready yet. I am having fun doing the little touches now. Come back tomorrow and I will share it with you!
Take care,
Carolyn

16 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

tulips are my favorites, yours are beautiful.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Breathtaking!

Sandy said...

Your flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sandy

Becky said...

Oh Carolyn,
That is simply stunning. I don't think I have ever seen so many kinds of tulips. Are those forget-me-nots in the mix too? I love how you have everything planted. I have my eyes on your garden and am paying close attention. I am just a simple student and you are the Master gardener!

Becca's Dirt said...

Carolyn - what a nice display of beauty and color. I love the fringe and the parrot. All of them are super photos. Have a good day. Becca

Douce France..... said...

Your tulips are so breathtaking!
It's such a pleasure to stop by your garden!
France
Passion of Milkglass collecting
and Le jardin sous le Tilleul.

Dirt Princess said...

When do you start garden tours? My mom, myself and a friend want to come. Do you have a website with more info such as time, place, etc.?

Sandra said...

Your garden is breathtaking! I love it! Vibrant colors!
Blessings,
Sandra

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Gorgeous!

Marie said...

I'm loving the assortment of tulips, beautiful colors! Can't wait to see your cottage as well.
-marie

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Your garden is looking lovely, Carolyn! All the tulips are so pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes you've made in your cottage.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sonia said...

Your tulips are breathtaking...all the colors and variety you have...I would never be indoors! Just so pretty! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

Michele said...

Beautiful blooms! And I also loved your pictures of Emily and Lila ~ how precious!

Eli said...

Adorable tulips. I love every single one. This year the large heads on our tulips were so heavy with rain the stems bent over and the heads fell to the floor. Disaster!

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

Be Still My Heart. I adore Tulips - my very favorite flower. Oh I have missed your garden photos.

texasdaisey said...

Your tulips are so beautiful. Too hot here for them so they don't do so good. But oh, how I enjoy yours.
Debbie