Friday, March 27, 2009

Shades of Pink!

I am so happy to hear it is going to be milder for the next week. There should be some serious melting of snow here on the Island and not before time! I love seeing the photos of all you more southern gardener's daffy's and tulips etc. but it is making very impatient to get out into my own garden. However,most of my flower beds still have at least a foot of snow. April is our least photogenic month here on the Island as the old melting snow is dirty and the bare ground is muddy. The only good thing I can say is that there is more promise of good things to come and it is neat to see the robins etc. returning to the garden. Soon,however, everything will be lush and green until November and then when the snow returns I will think it is beautiful again.
I made a few pink collages that I made from photos from flowers in our garden to share with you today. you can click on to enlarge if you like.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Take care,
Carolyn

8 comments:

LdyDy said...

Thank you for stopping by Carolyn! Still covered in some snow...hmmm... we here are getting unusually hot Santa Ana winds.... not good.. because then the allergies come. My flowers are just barely starting to come up here and there. But I know when I come by to visit you I can imagine myself in the most beautiful of gardens! Thank you for sharing all the lovely flowers!

Islandsparrow said...

Hooray for snow melting!!

It is a challenge to find photos in April - buds and birds - close-ups so that the dirty old snowbanks don't show :)

That is, until I get out on the water with the kayak - gorgeous photo ops there! As long as I don't drop the camera :)

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I was sercertly hoping you would see my garden post...I have so enjoyed yours for a while now. Do you do the gardening yourself? You should see my hands about mid May...lol

Jojo said...

No matter how snowy it might be, I know one place you can always visit to see lots of beautiful flowers - Aiken House & Gardens Blogspot!!!

Happy Weekend to You!

Roses at Wedgwood House and Gardens said...

Carolyn, I was just listening to the Robins while I was reading your post, the evening chorus. It is almost 6:00pm and the sounds of the birds are becoming more frequent which I find really exciting. I really do feel so sorry for you with all that snow. Let's hope for a very quick melt down for you. Everything is late here too, this Spring.
Hang in there - it will be a busy, but I am sure rewarding summer!
P

Marja Visscher said...

Wat een mooie foto's vooral die van de tuin. Bij de foto's moest ik denken aan het prachtige boek dat ik onlangs heb gekocht 'De geheime tuin' van Frances Hodgson Burnett. Ik heb de nieuwste uitgave met tekeningen (illustraties) van Inga Moore. Je blog betekent voor mij genieten. Heb deze middag er voor uitgetrokken om op allerlei Blogs te kijken die ik volg. Dank je wel dat ik op bezoek mocht komen in je tuin. Voor mij was het Pink Saturday en nodig je daarom van harte uit om op mijn roze wolk te komen zitten. Wens je een fijn weekend! Veel liefs, Marja

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

It is unexpectedly cold here in East Texas. Right when our famous azaleas are at their peak! I'm supposed to attend a garden tour today. And it's considered "cold" here at 50 degrees!
Brenda

Deanna said...

Wonderful blogspot you have here. Absolutely luv it!
Really like the soft colors you decorate with and your gardens are gorgeous.
I shall return...