Friday, January 23, 2009

A Vintage Vignette and an Award

Yesterday was our photo shoot day for the "Island Living" magazine and I think it went well .They were here for three hours and took lots of pictures but of course only a few will make it to the magazine.
Island Living is a lovely magazine all about our very own Prince Edward Island -the people and places along with food etc. I think it is wonderful that we have our own magazine published bi-monthly showing how beautiful our Island really is. So we are proud to be featured in the issue coming out in a couple of months.I will share more with you then. They do have a web site if you would like to check them out at http://www.islandlivingpei.com/
Now for the photos I am sharing today I gathered a few vintage things and took a few pictures to share with you. I like how they turned out but then again I am easy to please!
I also want to tell you I won another award yesterday 'tickled pink 'from my friend in the pink slippers.This lovely lady has been blessed with six beautiful children and another one on the way.I know how busy she is as we also were blessed with seven beautiful children all of whom have grown up and flown from our nest.However ,we have many happy memories of that special time when all our children were young like her" little cupcakes." So take a few minutes and go and visit her at http://thepinkslippers.blogspot.com/ you will be glad you did.Thank you so much for thinking of me and I am passing it along to everyone on my blog list.
It is cold and sunny here today ,rain tomorrow,and cold again on Monday-strange weather! I hope you enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

Chari said...

Hi Carolyn...

Just wanted to tell you that I've really been enjoying your blog...your home is absolutely gorgeous! A big hearty Congratulations on your home making the magazine...that honor is so well deserved!!!

I really enjoy all of your photos...you are a very talented photographer! Have a great weekend...

Warmest wishes...
Chari

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Carolyn,
Isn't it a beautiful day? Congratulations on your awards and having your home featured in the magazine! It's nice to have all your hard work and 'playing house' pay off, isn't it?
Your teddy and boots are adorable! Your photos are always lovely to look at. Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Shelia said...

Afternoon, Carolyn! Oh, how marvelous that you'll be featured in your town's magazine. You'll have to show us the pictures! I love your olden looking vignettes! You're a very good photographer too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Jojo said...

Just can't wait to see what gets featured in the magazine and it is a beautiful magazine by the way.

Bodil said...

Hello!

I'm visit your blog a lot and I have left som comments.
Your home and garden is so beatiful.
How nice that your home is going to be in a magazine.
Really some nice vintage things you are showing us.
Have a really nice day.
Bodil

Islandsparrow said...

I can hardly wait for that issue Carolyn - it's such a lovely magazine. Congratulations!

Joy said...

Congratulations on being featured in the magazine...so deserving. I enjoy your blog so much; I check it every day.

The sewing room said...

You so deserve to be in the magazine your house is lovely.



Best wishes Pat

CIELO said...

Lovely vignettes as usual, Carolyn! May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day...

Hugs

cielo